The Community Arts Council of Prince George & District was established in 1968 to respond to a growing consciousness of the value of expanding the reputation of Prince George district artistic endeavours in both a provincial and national context. The community arts council has been a vital component of the Prince George district for almost 50 years. Since its founding, the community arts council and its members have been providing a wide range of services and programs that have helped contribute to the spirit of innovation, ingenuity and open-mindedness that defines the Prince George district. Our artists, performers, ensembles, artisan guilds and cultural organizations represent city residents from all walks of life. The heart of our organization has been located at Studio 2880 for the past forty years. These facilities have become a destination for people who wish to purchase locally created artworks, and access and benefit from the unique educational programs and services offered there.
The year 2016 is a celebratory year for us, with it being our 40th anniversary of being located in Studio 2880, concurring with our upcoming 40th anniversary Studio Fair, a signature three day event here in our region.
We will lead the development of our community into a recognized centre of creativity; a place where art has no boundaries.
To foster the arts, by providing events, programs and services, to residents and artists in our community.
1. To deliver arts and cultural events, programs and services to residents of, and visitors to, Prince George & District.
2. To provide support services to local artists and cultural organizations.
3. To stimulate public interest and participation in arts and culture.
4. To operate and maintain a creative arts facility that serves the needs of local artists, cultural organizations, and residents of Prince George & District.
5. To bring the artistic and cultural needs of Prince George & District to the attention of municipal, provincial and federal authorities
Please click here to read our bylaws, effective September 2017.
1. Continuously develop & evaluate programs, services and events that are responsive to membe & community needs
2. Maximize attraction and retention of staff and volunteers through effective HR practices.
3. Provide effective and efficient services by continuously improving internal operations
4. Develop multiple stable and sustainable revenue streams.
5. Secure quality and high profile facilities for effective operation of the organization
The Community Arts Council manages two buildings; 2820 and 2880 15th Avenue. Building Studio 2820 houses the Community Arts Council administration office, Artisan Gift Shoppe & Ticket Centre, and CFIS Community Radio. Building Studio 2880 houses the 2880 Artists' Workshop, Prince George Potters' Guild, Prince George Symphony Orchestra, Prince George Weavers' and Spinners' Guild, Elks Lodge #122 and the Royal Purple #48, Music for Young Children.
Medium and large. A variety of time slots available! Check with our gift shop staff to sign the spaces out! Reasonable prices. Reduced rates for members and member groups! Ask us how to become a member.
To download our 2016-2017 Annual Report, please click here.
To download our 2016-2017 Financial Statements, please click here.