Download the Artnership form here.
What is the Artnership program?
Artnerships is a juried program that is a fusion of local businesses and local/regional visual artists with the end result being that the local businesses within the City display art created by local and regional artists celebrating the diversity and exceptional standard of excellence of the region. Current Artnership displays are the Prince George Airport and City Hall (5th Floor). Businesses that invest in the program are not only connecting and supporting their local community, they have the potential to attract more customers and increase customer interactions.
The advantages of joining Artnerships are
• You will be supported and championed by the Prince George & District Community Arts Council throughout the program.
• You will be supporting the telling of our local story and be sharing our unique culture with the world!
• Your work/business will be promoted through various means, including social media and the creation of an “Art Walk” that will highlight every business and artist in the program and marketed to those visiting the 2015 Canada Winter Games!
Who can apply?
Visual artists who are residents of Prince George and surrounding area are eligible to apply
for this program. We are currently NOT accepting applicants who are in the fields of performing arts or music. If you are a performing artist, please visit the 2015 Canada Winter Games website (www.canadagames2015.ca) for more information. Businesses in and around the downtown core of Prince George are encouraged to apply for this program. We will not be accepting businesses outside of the downtown core for this program, but any business that is interested in displaying local artwork is strongly encouraged to contact Raine Gould at the Prince George & District Community Arts Council (www.studio2880.com).
What are the application requirements?
All applications must be submitted by the deadline and should include a signed, completed Application Form, including:
• A written statement of no more than four pages, font size 11 or larger, on single-sided white paper with one inch margins and without staples. The statement will be used in social media and/or promotional material used in the project. Please see the application form for the information that should be included in your written statement.
• A copy of the work you are submitting see application Portfolio Inventory for requirements.
• A list of work including dimensions and relevant physical information, along with information on how the work will be mounted and displayed see application Portfolio Inventory for requirements.
• Any letters of support from the community, including organizations and businesses that you have displayed your work with.
• Résumé or CV of applicant, including relevant education, professional training, related artistic or employment activities and experience, and appropriate dates. Include a list of artistic works if applicable.
All applications must be submitted by the deadline and should include a signed, completed Application Form, including
• A written statement on your business of no more than one page,font size 11 or larger, on single-sided white paper with one inch margins and without staples. The statement will be used in social media and/or promotional material used in the project. Please see the application form for the information that should be included in your written statement.
• A list of the space(s) you wish to display work on, including dimensions and relevant physical information. Please include any limitations or information concerning the space that you wish to include please see business application requirements for more details.
The Prince George & District Community Arts Council
Prince George BC, V2M 1T1